Saturday, December 30, 2006

Lights Out! Action!

Its really weird to know that sometimes, me and hubby's imagination can be.

Last night was one of those really irritating night we ever had. After work, I left office to go pick up Oscar at my mom's place. Then I head back home to pick up hubby as we planned to go out for dinner in Tmn Maluri. Went for dinner, bought some stuff and left home cos me very sleepy.

Upon us reaching home, we found that the electricity is out. Hubby thought its our fuse box so he tried to take a look but its ok. We thought history is repeating it self cos beginning of this year, our house's main fuse box (at the main electrical hub) was all burnt and melted! Don't know why... Hubby went to check and discovered that the entire fuse box was removed and the wires are cut off. There and then I asked if we have paid electric bills and according to hubby, we settled it every month on the dot without fail...

So, crazy thought ran into my mind. No thanks to watching so much of teeveebee investigation series... In my mind I thought:-

"Hmm, somebody wanted to break into our house. But because this somebody cannot determine a time which is suitable cos hubby dont leave the house to work at a specific time and also comes back to the house as and when he likes (we have a SOHO), so that makes this somebody hard to break in during the day time. Night time impossible cos we are all at home ma.... so, this somebody plotted... make our house black out so no electricity we cannot stay for the night and we have to move out from the house for a night. Hah! This is a good chance for this somebody to break in... night time, nobody in the house..."

Then, I relate to hubby this silly teeveebee mind of mine... and guessed what??!! Hubby agreed with me! Cos its year end now, so understood that it will be higher crime rate. Even though our house is guarded by guards and these guards do their rounds every alternate hours, we cannot take the risk, right? That time was already 10.30pm and where on earth are we to find someone to come to our rescue. I tried calling my reliable technician but his phone is off. *wei what time ah... zzz ledi la* Then hubby called TNB and as usual, "Your call is important to us, pls hold while our customer service bla bla bla bla...." Finally after listening to some pretty ugly music, hubby managed to speak to a human being! Told them our problem and reminded them like several times that we dont owe them anything (cos they asked us like a gazillion times, wei their system cannot check wan meh!). Then they said they'll send somebody over to take a look.

We waited till 11.30pm and nobody came. At that point of time, I have already started to pack our bags cos either we go back to my mom's place or go to my BIL's place (hubby's suggestion) or check into a hotel nearby!!! Yes, I am that desperate! One sleepy son and one very hot and sweaty mommy and one pacing up and down daddy... you get the picture.

Then, our 'friendly' TNB guy came and saw and again asked us for the paid bills blablablabla wasted some time and then finally, they reconnect the fuse and wire... and yippee, we have electricity again, finally at about 1am!!!! Haha, no charge from the TNB guys but hubby gave them some money as a token of appreciation.

Off we went to have our shower, turn on the air-cond and hit the sack... cos we are all dead tired. But, I couldn't sleep well till 4am in the morning cos I was like thinking about the teeveebee movie plot. Crazy or what me so this morning I zzz till 11am. Woooo, time to get up and plan for our lovely long holiday... hehe... hmmm any suggestion where to go?

4 comments:

LHS said...

Don't worry, the missed plot can be downloaded again..hehe..

LHS said...

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Samm said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Annie Q said...

heehee..u watch too much tvb series lo!Good imagination!LOL