Thursday, February 23, 2006

To watch or not to watch

I hardly have time to blog this week, haha only have time to read other ppl's blog.. Reason:
1) Brain was as tight as a knot...
2) Lots of work to complete
3) Body in office but soul at home zzzzzzzzzz (lack of rest la me)
4) Too much work which makes me very inefficient... my productive level has went to zero!!!

OK, back to my post. I read a short article last night about child's concentration. It seems that a child's concentration could be badly affected if the watched too much TV. OMG, Oscar watch the telly like 2 to 3 hours a day... in staggered hours of course. But this article I read said, a child is only permitable (is there such word) to watch TV for 20 mins with an adult at side to explain and for role playing... how to role play if they are watching Bananas in Pyjamas leh... I dont want to be a banana wor.....

So, this article proves that some of its points (many point in this article I just picked this one) is correct cos, I recalled recently a friend told me that her son lacks of concentration in class and its like his minds wanders away quickly if he is asked to perform a task like colouring, drawing and even building blocks.... (her son is 5 years old)....... The teacher said this has got something to do with watching too much TV..... true he son watch TV all day long!!!! Darn Astro Channel 63!!!!

Its like I can't let my son watch TV anymore..... I will have to switch to educational CDs already. And spend time sitting with him in the house and doing nothing productive myself hmmmm......I have loads of it but Oscar lost his interest in those already.. Time to go shopping for CDs... any recommendations daddys and mommys.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be happy if my son can sit in front of the TV for more than 10 minutes :P

Anonymous said...

my kids can watch a whole 2 hours movie i.e. toy story, ice age, ultraman without complaint..oh, oh, i'm in deep trouble..

try baby einstein series...oopss, i dunno whether they sell it here coz' i got mine from Singapore..

Anonymous said...

wahh...so serious ah...didn't know tv got such bad influence!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I read that kind of article before. BTW, some experts suggest no TV until 2 years old, but I'm not that strict lah. It's just Justin still rather play with me or his toys than watching.

For CDs, I'll just play any soft musical at night, when we read to him before bedtime. During the day, children songs will be played.

Anonymous said...

Die liao. My son watch tele all day long. I think it's because those images in the CD or tele are more animated and interesting. Therefore, they get bored/ uninterested very fast. I must cut down la...but how? *crack crack crack*