Thursday, March 30, 2006

No time for him....

Yesterday, I tried to leave office at 6 sharp so that I can make it home before dark to take Oscar for a walk. But office work is just too much for me, I left at 6.45, when I reached mom's place, my dad (Oscar's Ah Kung) took him for a walk already.......... I saw Oscar grinning happily cos Ah Kung bought him sweets and Vitagen....

Sometimes, I really wish that I could be an SAHM. To work at home "SOHO" or better still, no need to work la. But, after a while, I will be very detached from the outside world, then all my fashion sense and my sense of humour my everything will be OUT-DATED!!! Arrggghhh! But deep down in me, I am willing to sacrifice for Oscar. Nowadays, kids need more of our time compare to my generation. I remember my mom use to put me and my brother in the living room to play and she will attend to her house work. Me being the 'tai kar cheh' always ask my little brother to do this do that and he obliged!!! Gone are those days........

I feel that I really need to spend more time with Oscar. From Mondays to Fridays, I drop Oscar off at mom's place at about 7.30am and I dont get to see him till 6.30pm or maybe later. When we go back to our own home, I will sometimes cook and by the time we finish eating dinner and washing up, its close to 9pm. Then its time to get Oscar ready for bed cos he needs to wake up early he next day. So, where do I find time for him? Ok, weekends, but because I hardly spend time with him, he too, is a little bit detached from me. During weekends, he will occasionally ask me "mommy, go back Ah Po house-ok?" And if I said "today saturday, no need to go Ah Po house", then Oscar will look away and stare at my mom's photo in our living room........ My son feels so far apart from me already.

Yesterday, mom told me something about Oscar which made me really happy and joy. Oscar learnt to sing songs, and not any other songs, but Leslie Cheung's song. I know I have been previously blogging on this but last evening, I actually heard it with my own pair of ears... after Oscar sang the song, he bowed and clapped his hand. I really want to be with him full time to witness these memorable incidents myself.

Last night, hubby came home early so we had simple dinner. Hubby spend time with Oscar while I finish up some office work (yes, my office work is so much that I have to bring home). Oscar asked his daddy:-

Oscar: draw draw........ (showing paper and pencil to hubby)
Hubby: hmmm ok. draw apple ok
Oscar: no no, puish car.....
Hubby: huh? what car?
Oscar: PUISH car.......... neee nooo neee nooo
Hubby and me burst into laughter and hubby said: i see police car is it?
Oscar: yes, clever daddy!!!

You see, dont you just love spending time with your little ones? I love you Oscar........ again, today I will attempt to leave early....... pray !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those bosses really teruk hor... I always try to cabut as soon as I can everyday :)

Anonymous said...

Haha... ur son "bodek" you with Leslie's song. Melt Melt Melt.

Time is really not enough eh? I feel like doing so many things for bb but suddenly the sun is set.