Saturday, April 01, 2006

"You are not a good shopper!"

Those are the words blurted out by hubby last night after I went for a mad groceries shopping with Oscar and without him...... True enough, I am not a good shopper! I am a compulsive buyer and a crazy shopper........

Last night I went to the Giant to perform 3-tasks; 1st buy milk powder for Oscar, 2nd to buy the cheap cheap motorbike advertised in the newspaper yesterday for Oscar and 3rd to exchange my shopping points so that I can convert it to rebate vouchers.

So, me and Oscar went despite of the rain. Parked our car and quickly went to the toys section with anticipation I can still get that motobike, noooooooooooooooo, they sold out already!!!!!!!!!! Very disappointed!!! The staff said today a lot of ppl came to get this liow so no more lor!!!!! Damn!

Then head to buy groceries, which I always ended up buying a lot of doubles! Managed to get Oscar's milk poweder too........ Then, walk around 'sumore', buy more things (Jazz's right, want to buy 3 things, ended up the whole trolley full!). After 2 hours spent in the hypermarket, we decided to pay and go home. The we lined up at this cashier and waited........... The came my turn. Putting things onto the counter for the cashier to scan and occasionally telling Oscar to put the eggs down or don't squeeze the bread or dont' open the biscuits etc etc.... Got very distracted and totally forgot about my rebates!!!! Arrghh, I then told the cashier I have these 'boucher' for rebates but its too late liow, the debit slip is out and she can't do anything. But suggested me to go in again to buy MORE things!!!! For one second I tot 'What? Again, siow la....... then I need a MPV to carry my stuff liow"........... Then, without thinking and really WITHOUT THINKING, I gave away my discount vouchers to the gentleman behind me!!! Then when I gave him already and well, ok ler, he looks like a nice Malay chap with wife and buying baby stuff, then only I realised, "Sh*t, I would have bought additional Pantene Shampoo(like maybe 2 more bottles) and more shower gell with that if I just go in again"!!!!!!! Double Sh*t and Damn....... Cursing for my own stupidity now. Felt regret and at the same time burning with anger with MYSELF.. Are you nuts or kuukuuu already. Those are money and with that money can get more stuff and I just gave it away!!!! sigh.............. sigh.....

Then I head home and relate the whole story to hubby with anticipation that he will comfort me. But noooooooooooo, that man just laughed and said "You are not a good shopper!"............. Damn.. You see la, cannot bring kids out for shopping one right? This weekend I am going for Retail Therapy, not sure if I am bringing Oscar or not...........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring kids to shopping can make us lose our sense sometimes. Don't feel so bad about it. I sometimes also do lots of impulsive shopping, even if I go alone. But didn't tell hubby if I'm not using his money lah...:P

Anonymous said...

haiyaa...sudah become like me!! Agree with you, sometimes we too engrossed with the kid we forgot what we are supposed to do. Sometimes can even forget what we wanna buy.

Anonymous said...

I can never shop with bb in hypermarket. I will go crazy. Only bring him to near by grocery store to grab some light stuff.

Aiks...nevermind la, treat it as doing good deeds and charity lor.