Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Depression

I was lucky enough not to suffer from post natal depression despite of Oscar being not well during his first few days out from the hospital and my stiches 'there' is extremely painful! And I have to go back to the gynae to check what went wrong with his 'jahitan'!! And the lucky part is also beause my mom was around to assist and I can talk and chat with mom during nights which I cannot catch a single wink! My mom is the best.... I remember the first night was the toughest cos Oscar was crying non stop the whole night and the whole family (yes, my confinement month was spent at my mom's house, no pantang-lalang la). Then my dad came and took over cos mom have to make milk and brother have to do silly face to entertain Oscar.. me, in a corner crying cos I dont know what to do... Lucky for me they are all there to support.

I think we women are most vulnerable after birth. Ok, before birth also very vulnerable cos hormone all screwed up and requires 100x more attention then normal not preggie days!

I think to myself that my sis in law who gave birth recently is suffering from post natal dep.Well, who wouldn't cos she wanted a boy and WAS told IS a boy when she went for scanning during her end first trimester, then the aminio test revealed that its a girl! You disappointed or not? Their second child age gap is 10 years and sis in law is already 40 years old... so they wanted a boy very badly... 1st and 2nd child also girl... so 3rd child tot boy very happy when they told us.... mana tau... doctor so cheh kai wan.. not sure dont tell ma right or not?

SIL went to gave birth a month ago and cos is C-sec, she removed her falopian tube as well.. malas contraceptive la... Then she was discharged from the hospital 3 days later and she went home lor... We went to visit her on the following week and to our utmost surprised, she was out, working!!! She came back later and I asked where she went she said to the office.... cannot tahan at home cos very hot!!! Eh, house all fully air-conditioned la... where got hot!!! How can you go to work some moe not wearing long sleeve and socks and out in the open?? Me not very pantang but, at least until the 12th day la... then what about bonding with your new baby? She told me on the third day after discharge she already go back to work... Sei mou... and my BIL just kept quiet... why can't he stop her from going?? Don't he know that this will have bad effect on his wife when she is old later??? Where is the 'blain' (brain)?

SIL is always not around to jaga baby cos got confinement lady but still no good for baby la... And last week was baby's full moon... We do not expect eleborate food spread or tera tera makan session but at least just call us to inform us... Got makan or not never mind la... But, they just kept quiet and pretend like its just like any other day.... I mean, why la... Dont understand wor... and SIL also ah, I can see her face like not excited about this new baby....

Sigh, don't know la... Suffering from depression or what? My BIL actually must play a role telling her its ok and ask her to rest more.. right or not? Will go visit again this weekend...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest your SIL and her hubby to seek proper counselling to find out if she is experiencing any post-natal syndromes... these kinda things cannot just keep quiet and expect it to go away :(

Oscar's Mommy said...

egghead: apparently, this is what happened... keep quiet and hope that it will go away.. me in no position to tell them about this cos they are very sensitive towards this issue. they rather no one knows about it and just drop the issue altogether...

Anonymous said...

I think she wants a boy so badly, she developed post natal dep and hates her baby for being a girl. So poor thing. When i was born, no one came to visit my mom. She was so depressed she nearly gave me away to the doctor. Lucky my dad was there to stop her.For u,u cannot do anything but just pray and hope tat she'll be better soon.

Anonymous said...

in law business better not be our business. yah agree with sash, just pray for them especially the poor innocent lil girl!!!

Anonymous said...

aiyoo...i pity the baby girl...and how can ur bil pretend like nothing!!

Oscar's Mommy said...

sasha: wa, you also almost kena given away ah... ya, hubby play a very important role after a woman gave birth
laundryamah: if they terang terang tell don wan bb, i raise hand and leg say i wan lor
jazzmint: BIL 'china ah pek' la...

Anonymous said...

I feel so sad and i can imagine how pity of the newborn baby without caring of mother. Ya, better look for a counselling before the situation getting worst.

Oscar's Mommy said...

hui sia: sometimes we are fortunate enuff but we will not understand ppl like my sil and bil... just imagine you wanted something and you got it and it slipped away... i just hoped that i am wrong...