Sunday, October 08, 2006

Oscar's Obsession..

Oscar hardly play with any other toys. I bought him alot of toys but the only toys he ever play with are his mini cars... and he have lots of it... the below are only 'part' of it cos some of it are at my mom's place.

"Oscar always lines them up like real cars in the car showroom"
Then, I bought him some books to read with through Kieran's kindy. Oscar enjoyed it so much. He insist that I read it to him every night before we go to sleep. But Inoticed Oscar only likes to read when I read with him... When he is alone, he only wants to play with cars. So how ah? Meaning he is not a good reader? Meaning, he can't sit down quietly and concentrate on something? But he loves to play with puzzles.. and we buy him different puzzles everytime we go out... is there something missing here? I really want Oscar to learn to read cos he is going to school soon so he will not be able to catch up if he does not listen or concentrate on books....
"Books and playing puzzles alone"

9 comments:

jazzmint said...

whoaa..alot of cars lehh!! Future F1 driver maybe ;)...

I looked at the books, they look interesting, the words all big big one isit?
hey no worries lahh if he doesn't read on his own, maybe take some time to cultivate. Got ppl read of course nicer mah...

Sasha Tan said...

He just love to be with you-lah!

laundryamah said...

ayo...the books i bot for kieran also dunno gone where leow...waste money only....wah Oscar ada future ler...at least he wants to read ok + he likes puzzles! very good leh!kieran will only stare at the puzzles and then walk off!

IMMomsDaughter said...

Oscar very creative with the arrangement. Ryan used to be obsessed with cars one time but he lined them up in one long row only. I'm also impressed that Oscar knows how to play with puzzles.

LHS said...

My son loves toy gun though i bought him a lot of toys. For my Jo, he seldom reads the book by himself but he loves me to read for him.

Angeleyes said...

wow! Oscar has a ool collection leh! Very boy's thing. It remind me of my friend's son...also obsessed with car and beg his dad to get him a sport car bed!

mommy of 3 angels said...

wah show interest in books...good sign loh...read to him more la...of cos like mommy to spend time with him la..

ZMM said...

He's still young lar.. don't know how to read never mind, the teachers in school will teach him.

TripleJin said...

Haha..my No.1 also lovessss cars. His papa also loves cars. We have boxes and boxes of them in the house. My No.2, loves animals.

sei-lor..there would be boxes of animals in the house now!

just keep reading to him, pointing out easy words for him to say. He'll learn that it's really cool to read!