Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Still Looking Around....

I am so so dead! Why? Cos its now mid December 2006 and I AM STILL LOOKING AROUND for Kindy for Oscar. I know I know, by now, all kindergartens are full and if Oscar wants to go to school... they'll probably squeeze him in somewhere...

Seriously, I dont want to simply 'drop-off' Oscar in some anonymous school or in some 'branded' school. I am so so doom-ded! I have been looking around and I have more or less confirmed a school but still hesitate to go and pay the deposit and registration fees.

Me, hubby and Oscar went to look for another school last Sunday. According to the principal, the kindy has been operating for almost 10 years. Wow, I was amazed as the principal herself is a retired primary school teacher, so I thought she would have a lot of experience... As we talked (hubby brought Oscar to look around the school), I slowly noticed the below:-

1) This principal just took over this school. She retired early this year and took over the position in this kindy to be a principal. The owner of this kindy runs another kindy somewhere so she (the owner) doesn't come to this branch.


2) The kindy does not practices any learning system : Montessori, Flip-Tech, Bi-lingual, KBSR etc etc... When I asked the principal.. she looked at me and blink blink her eyes as if I am asking her if she is married or not!!! Then, I explained myself then only she told me they dont really practice any system. Aikes! Like that how can? But I glanced at some of their teaching materials... I can sort of sum up its KBSR.


3) The class room is very very small. For Oscar's age, its standard that each classroom must be roomy for them (the children) to move around and clean. The classrooms in this school looks a little bit dim/dark for a day time and the walls are all smudged (with what I dont know) and all scribbles scribbles....hmmm, the tables and chairs are all squeaky and loose screws and the corner of the tables are all chipped! From outside, the school building looks very nice and new (I think they painted the building). Worst of all, the principal brought me into the classroom meant for Oscar's age, it smelt like vomit! I knew I am exaggerating but how can a classroom smells so awful even its like the school breaks for holiday for a few weeks already! Not hygienic at all....


4) Went to see the toilet.. yucky yucky too... went to look at the pantry they prepare food for snacks... yucks yucks too. I asked what do they serve for snacks; I guess all schools serves the same food (biscuits with herbal tea, porridge, mihun, sandwiches, red bean?!, pancakes). I enquired a few kindy and they serve almost the same thing...


5) Last but not least... the principal has got nose-hair sticking out from her nose!!!! Freaky!!! I couldn't help but to keep on staring into her nose's direction!!! Aikes!!!

So? What must I do now? I think I will go back to the very first school I went. Grrr... this school is only opened from morning 10am to afternoon 2pm on weekdays only. Hmm, where do I find the time for this...I think I take 2hrs off tomorrow morning; since my colleague can now help to run the show I mean the office... I must get this done if not my poor little Oscar will have to stay at home to rot er no, do nothing I mean. Oscar like going to school cos every time we bring him to open day in kindys... he'll enjoy every moment of it... Darling, pls wait ok, mommy will do it by this week.... I love you Oscar.



10 comments:

laundryamah said...

aiya y so fussy one ah u?? faster faster la..actually what's important that it's near your mom and the office right???

Sasha Tan said...

NOSE HAIR STICKING OUT!!!! OMG!!! YUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

LHS said...

How about Vital Years or Q-Dees (correct spelling or not)?

Oscar's Mommy said...

amah: must pick the correct school ma if not later regret cry also no tears la...
sasha: yes! geli or not?!!
huisia: enquired form them already but location not good la...

Desperate Mummy said...

Hi Angeline can I know u want to put Oscar on full day or half day? Can I know where u working or staying? Maybe I can help u?

Tracy said...

When I read ur post, I always want to laff. U are a humorous person. The way u describe the kindy and the principal ..... wuah lau eh! wah hahahahaha!

I'm sending Des when she's 5 i.e. next year. U're sending Oscar to kindy next year?

Maybe u can try the one in Pandan Perdana - Twinkle Star.

IMMomsDaughter said...

U r right to be particularlah. Afterall, we pay good money for what? If learn nothing, better donate $$$ to charity. Ha ha..for me, no 2 is hygiene and if like what you describe, better notlah :)

mommy of 3 angels said...

most important...is safety ok..when selecting any school...then only cleanliness, teachers & of cos near ur mom!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Mommy to Chumsy : hahahahahahaha.....like the nose hair part. Was laughing so hard until my tummy goes up and down, better than Uzap :D Wow...it's really hard to find a good school eh? So many types of school nowadays (sigh). What type of school is good ah?

Oscar's Mommy said...

despmum: half day. later my mom will jaga. old klang road
tracy: hehe, i know that school but my office in old klang road la, so must look for one which is near my office
IMD: i agree with you
mom2angels: yeah, the kindy i enrolled looks ok
mommy2chumsy: hehe, spoilt cos too much choice already...