Monday, January 29, 2007

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Tonight was one of those lonely night cos hubby got to work late and also got to go entertain some customer. Oscar slept super early today cos he kept on telling me he is tired so I tucked him in early tonight. So, the whole house is very quiet and as I was doing some office work, I recollect last Saturday's event.

I had a gathering with some of my very old ex-colleague. These bunch of peoples are the very first colleague I have ever had. They are from my first job in Bandar Sunway. These are the coolest people I hang around with (not that now I hang around with non cool people) but these are the super friends I have and I treasured the most.

I started work at a very tender age. I work part time and also study part time cos my dad wants me to learn the hard way of earning money and spending it wisely myself. Not that my dad can't afford my edu fees but he just asked if I want to do part time in both my work and studies... Of course, he still provides for me in terms of my school fees and my fat pocket money. I always have enuff to spend last time.

While I was working at this company, I am very close to few of the staff. These are also very young talented people whom I enjoyed hanging around with after work every Saturday some 10 years ago. See, I just told you I started work at a very tender age and I have known them for 10 years! Gosh!!!! Time flies. These are also the people I need not ask for a lift but will always be offered a lift after late night work (Overtime) and also supper is provided. Haha, I guessed, I was the little sister they never had that time. And whenever I am down, they will cheer me up with their drawings and little sweet notes. And whenever I called in sick, the next day I turn up at work, they will be get well note and sometimes, nice warm breakfast for me... No kidding, they are the bestest of the best friends I ever had.

I have not meet these people for almost 2 years as we are all busy with our lifes. Me married with kid, they busy with their new career path and some of them busy with their family too. So, its really hard to gather all of them together. Not many of us, just these 5 precious friends I have. We had dinner and then dessert and we chatted and laughed and most of all, the strong feeling of friendship is still there, despite of us not seeing each other for so long. On and off, we just drop each other a note of hi / bye via text message. That's all.

You see, I dont have a lot of friends. Its not that I am not sociable but I just dont know why I dont have alot of friends.... sei ler... is it me or what! But with them, you feel like you have tonnes of friends even there is only 5 of them. They dont blog and they dont read my blog either... so, I really dont know how can I express my gratitude to them for being my friend.

*sigh* Really look forward to our next gathering. Hopefully, I dont need to wait for another 2 years.....

2 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

fren...u sound like me...

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Good friends need not be many. One or two is enough. You are lucky to have a bunch of them :D