Monday, January 15, 2007

My Week'N

** An up-date on my previous post. Thank you all for your valuable comments. I guessed, it will take Oscar sometime to get use to proper schooling environment. I mean, this is a big step for my little boy whom he is always so well protected by his AhPo and Grandpa. this is a growing phase for him.**

I spent my weekend well but not enuff rest cos too much activities. But the most worth mentioning thing I did last Saturday is throwing LaundryAmah and Annie a B'day Party. Hmm, not like a huge B'day Bash but its like B'day Party cum Bloggies Gathering. You can view photos here (nobody is blogging abt this gathering meh?) It was supposed to be some sort of a surprise but then due to some problem here and there and due to my carelessness, it didnt turn out to be some sort like a surprise... hehe, solly ah Amah and Annie.

* This cake nice ah?

The food was yummy and I was like so so full after dinner. Went home straight away made myself a cup of peppermint tea... ah.... bliss! To all who attended this gathering, thank you so much for coming and I am very happy to meet you all. I know I didnt talk alot with some of you cos me busy eating and yakking with other mommies too... Next time ok, I promised, I will organise another round, not so havoc one ok?
As usual, Sunday was spent sleeping at home but this particular Sunday was different. I woke up like super early and did some house chores and then when Oscar woke up, we went to have brunch and groceries shopping in Carrefour, Subang. Wow, they have already put up Chinese New Year deco and playing 'Tak tung chiang' music. Haha, like Amah, I bought Oscar a piece of cheongsam for boy. Haha, good deal, not bad but I kiasu, bought the size too big and only to realised it when I reached home. I tried it on Oscar when we were there but somehow, it looked very over-sized on Oscar when I tried it again at home... Shiats! Have to go again by this week if not no exchange is honoured.

And I bought this for Chinese New Year. Last year, we bought the 'Mui Fa' and the 'Pussy-Willow' (is this how you called them, those white buds sticking out of branches wan??) The dangling stuff is from Ikea, haha, left over from my X'mas tree... So stingy la me!
Really looking forward to Chinese New Year cos its the time I go visit all my aunties and uncles, and each and every year, I will see them aged gracefully and I always count my blessings that my family members are always united as one. And of course, my mom will be the most happy person cos she is like 'lepas penjara' like that. Gallivanting till late night at my aunty's house yakking and eating... Ok, got to take out my weighing scale to watch out those kilos. Many many years ago when I was with my ex-company, times like this are times that I dread the most. The suppliers, customers will come flocking my office with food stuff and lunch and dinner invitations. And my boss will always ask me to be his 'shield' and ask me to attend on his behalf @#$%^&*%#@$ My ex-boss is always travelling between our Guangzhou factory and our Msia factory. Oi, I got to watch my weight too ma... Like those food but aiyoh, every other night is mental la... not that I am so teruk, ppl invite also I dont go right??!
Ok... want to do some office work now... (but very sleepy la) I think do tomorrow la... hehe.

12 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Little Oscar would look so cute in the cheongsam. You must post a photo of him later, ok?

I love all the "tung tung chiang" songs in the mall. Feels like CNY. While growing up, CNY is the best time of the year, oh well, birthdays too :D Like your CNY decor.

Sasha Tan said...

Hey Fren! i was in Carrefour Subang on Sunday Also!!!

Desperate Mummy said...

Em.. me also looking forward for CNY as this yr is diff for me. Previous yr when I think of CNY I was very scared lor cos my kids so small n I need to go back to hometown take care of them by myself but this yr both my kids big lor easy to care. Really look forward to eat all my in laws cooking yum, yum very tasty lor.

laundryamah said...

wey i like your vase la..where to get ??? i need one for the thingy i bot la...

etceteramommy said...

Me also looking forward to cny. Kekeke.. can collect angpow for Ryan. Yeh Yeh Yeh....

Oscar's Mommy said...

mom2chumsy: haha, now i am already taking photos of him in the cheongsam liow. too much of the tung tung chiang makes me dizzy... serious... hehe

sasha: aiya, cannot smell you there la...

despmum: aiyoh, yr kids all big big ledi no scared la. cny is the more fun festival of the year, with all the makan makan and yakking session... cant wait la...

amah: i bought in MV la. but i bought 2 yrs liow wor. at one of those kiosk... go jusco, i saw some but not exactly the same la...

bbryanlim: me too ... counting down now!

Jessie Woo said...

Your little Oscar is so CUTE ... do post the picture of little Oscar with his new CheongSam yeah ..

This coming CNY will be something diff as there is additional member in the family.

cHeeRz
Jessie @ Mummy of 2 Princesses

jazzmint said...

eh why ur pasu in the middle of the house one?

CutiePrincessMummy said...

Hi Oscar mum, reading ur blog for quite some times, and this is the first time to leave my comment.

Well, same like you i oso scare my weight will 'spike' for this CNY, better watch out from now! hehehe..

Tracy said...

It was so nice meeting u in person. But quite disappointed dat u din bring ur Little Champion. So much wanted to see him leh. The cake was simply delicious. My girl 'gazak' the whole piece (yummy, yummy).

Aiyo, I'm putting on the 'tung tung chiang' songs in my office every day and my boss will just 'glare' at me (heehee)

Cannot wait to see Little Champion in the cheongsam. Put the hat with the piggy tail attached (like the Manchu style). *imagining* Hahaha, must be very cute.

IMMomsDaughter said...

I love CNY too! And so envy you already got started :)

Allyfeel said...

Thanks for ur lovely cake. Yummy! Hey forgot to ask u, how did u make ur face so radiant one arr?? So envy la.

I love Chinese New Year coz can get any pow ma...and just love the mood, the songs excites me...I am so Chinese. ;)