Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Week Ago

A week ago, it was Oscar's first day in school. Daddy and Mommy accompanied you to school and you were so happy and mommy noticed you enjoyed yourself.

A week later, today; Oscar decided to cry on our way to school... Don't know why but all of a sudden, our little friend started crying when he saw me turning into the school compound. I tot he had a stomach ache or something. But he told me he dont want to go to school. I parked my car and un-strap him from his seat and took his bag and walked slowly to his school. The nearer we got to the school the louder he cried. I had to carry him in and help him to take off his shoes. He stopped crying when I told him I will stay with him for a little while. But I have to work, so I have no choice but to leave Oscar with the teacher. He was holding on to my hand so so tight and when I let go of his hand, he quickly held on to my shirt. Broke my heart maximum. Oscar was pleading me to take him home "Please mommy please" "Please take me home" "Mommy, please..." I have to run to my car cos I can't bear to hear my son crying for me. Poor boy, he could have been traumatised by some event that happened yesterday at school but still have problem in speech in relating the incident to us. I felt so so bad...

I really dont know. After fetching him from school, I asked how was his day and he told me the teacher beat him! I asked him why and he told me cos he cried. Hmmm, do I believe my son or what? Is this the trick kids used nowadays to get themselves off something they dont like to do?

I told hubby and hubby was furious. He said he want to go confront the teacher. I mean, for all you know, Oscar was trying to tell a lie; so that he dont need to go to school ma... So, anyone can give me any suggestion to tackle this matter? Pls...

9 comments:

Shannon said...

wei, i think u should confront the teacher... whether or not oscar is lying to get his way out of school, should also confront... where can simply beat one lar... if he notty beat still err, ok lar... but if just cuz he sked, dun wanna stay in skool, teacher beat, WORSE right? but should check with the teacher first lor

Sasha Tan said...

i think u shud have a long talk with Oscar and find out the truth. Maybe the other kids bullied him?

IMMomsDaughter said...

Hear the teacher's side first. Perhaps she did beat him but maybe lightly on the palm. Kids get scared even if it's a soft piak piak.Anything worse than that, I'll suggest you change his school. Then, get Oscar to tell his side of the story too.

Oscar's Mommy said...

shannon: aiyoh, kindy oni wor want to beat the kids for what. not that they understand rite?

sasha: i think one indian girl pushed oscar cos i saw it the other day. that's why oscar takut ledi

IMMD: oscar keep on telling me teacher beat teacher beat wor. i sked i confront teacher ledi then the teacher lagi angry my son then how?

Oscar's Mommy said...

shannon: aiyoh, kindy oni wor want to beat the kids for what. not that they understand rite?

sasha: i think one indian girl pushed oscar cos i saw it the other day. that's why oscar takut ledi

IMMD: oscar keep on telling me teacher beat teacher beat wor. i sked i confront teacher ledi then the teacher lagi angry my son then how?

Desperate Mummy said...

I think u should really look into it as one of my colleague daughter used to be the same as Oscar and my colleague also thought her daughter is lying to her. Later do u know how's my colleague found out? She senyap-senyap go to the school and do spot check and she really saw the teacher scolded her daughter. My colleague change the school then. The girl was ok at the new school lor :)

Tracy said...

My girl cried in school one day during the 2nd week and did not want to school too. When I asked her why, she told me a Kor Kor took her book (she can recognised her name). So, I din know whether she was telling the truth or not.

I CALLED her class teacher and she told me dat Destinee was telling the truth. She told me she DIDN'T scold the boy but did explain to him dat the book didn't belong to him (was told dat the boy doesn't know how to read his name) and asked him to apologise to Des. I was pleased the teacher did the correct way. The teacher even welcomed me to call her whenever necessary in which I'm very sure I'll do dat, heehee.

So, I do advise u to go and see the teacher and maybe she'll be able to explain to u why Oscar cried. I'm sure if the teachers are able to explain nicely and listen to what u have to complain will be responsible teachers.

This kindy even has a 'communication' exercise book where parents can ask and teachers can write about the kids' progress.

Wennn said...

Well Oscar mommy guess a lot of mommy has oledi pointed out their views lor!! Go and hv a chat with the teacher or best go senyap senyap and spot check!! Me like dat senyap senyap spot check gip the teacher a surprise see whether they got beat Oscar or not!! But then U also nid to tok tok to Oscar la!!

L B said...

Ah, growing up blues... I think I must have spent a lot of energy trying to think up ways to not go to school too at that age.. Just didn't want to go. Oh well.. Hope it all gets better soon.