Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sacrifice

Tot of doing a short post after dropping off Oscar at mom's place.

Was picking Oscar up from school for the past one week cos hubby not free. Actually, I can't blame him cos after school is like mid day and sometimes, mid day is the start of hubby's day. He works from home in the morning sorting out mails, designing artworks, running to the bank and afternoon is the time he goes out for appointment and also back to his proper office to work. So, I have to understand him more and try to take over this picking up biz myself.

Why I say sacrifice? I mean, I have to sacrifice my lunch time wor. Not that I eat 1-hour or what but this 1-hour is the only time I can take a break and eat slowly in the office and take my mine off work. But lately, I have to go off extra early (slightly before 12) and head to the school to fetch Oscar. And knowing our office area, its a hell-break loose situation whereas cars are all double parked and when I am in a hurry to leave, there is always a car behind me (no no Amah, not talking about you ok). After picking up Oscar I have to rush back to mom's place and get a quick bite. I have been eating like super fast at mom's place cos I have to rush back to office... I know I have an understanding boss but the amount of stress has really taken a tol on me already. Oscar, if you are reading this in future, pls remember mommy goes through a lot of stress daily in sending you to school and also picking you up daily.

I know this person also goes through alot of stress in sending and picking up her kid from school. I hear it from her everyday. She also sacrifice her lunch time to do all this. See, look at the great lenght we mommies go through in this issue. Not that we want to be so calculative just because of this silly 1-hour lunch time but trust me, driving in KL and PJ IS MAJOR STRESS!!! I think I aged 10-years already since the day Oscar starts school!!!

Others might just say we can just leave our kids with the bus driver but could not do it. At least, not at this moment. I dont trust my kids life in other people's hands.

So, anyone of you out there who care to share yr experience with me? Any of you out there who sends and picks up yr own kids like I do?

4 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

I understand how you feel. I believe mothers sacrifice more for the children so they better realise that when they grow up and be filial :D

jazzmint said...

well i guess he's too young to take school bus...lucky thing ur work is flexi for u to sneak out

IMMomsDaughter said...

I also don't trust school bus and the hubby is the one who picks Ryan up from school every day. But we may think of letting him use school bus when he is olderlah

laundryamah said...

don't worry la, don't calculate like so exact la 1 hr liddat...me make like one calculative boss leh..