Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Evening Out with Oscar

Last night I went out for dinner with Oscar and Daddy didn't come along cos he dont really know my ex-colls. So, I rushed home at about 7pm cos Oscar 'dili-dali' at mom's place....pick up his toys la, ride one round in his buggy car la, sit and finish his fruit la and take forever only to wear one side of his slippers... arrrggghhh.....

Ok, nvm cos I am happy to know that now my son has got his own personality, that is to WASTE time... Then when I reached out little castle, I quickly shower and then change Oscar into his 'kai-kai' clothes... and I even gel-led his hair... keh keh..

Then a friend whom she is suppose to come to my house to go together got lost in one of those many 'taman' around my area. So give directions and all and that was already 7.45pm!!! Remember, dinner was suppose to be 7.30pm? Cannot lor, quickly call the restaurant cos this restaurant is always packed 365 days regardless of cny or not. Also because we wanted to make sure that we dont wait for our table la.... Then friend came and I was driving like a MacLaren Race Car driver... cos another friend of us arrived liow and vomitting foam liow waiting.

Reached the restaurant at about 8.10pm, and ok, very packed the restaurant. So we sat down and about 5 mins later the rest of the gang came. He He Ha Ha, exchange ang-pows and give each other nasty but no harm comments on how each other looks (we only meet once a year, so a lot of changes).

Wa very long blog; then we ordered the signature dishes:
1) Curry Fish Head
2) Steam Fish in their special sauce (very yummy... feel like licking the plate too)
3) 5-spice roast chicken
4) Salted Egg Crab
5) Home made tofo
6) Asparagus with Scallops

The had 'dong-por' meat but everyone shooked their head saying dont want to eat so heavy meal.... everyday meat very scared so that's it... 6-dishes.

Like I expected, Oscar only ate a few spoons of rice... cos he at quite a lot a mom's and start requesting to come down from his high chair. I brough some drinks and yogurt for him to buy time for myself.... ok sat and ate... Very fast, 15 mins again want to come down... I let him down and he is ok, just stand near me and occasionnaly waved and smile at the pretty cheh-cheh next to our table.

Alot of yaking and laughing... oh I missed this bunch of friends (noticed I dont called them ex-colleagues anymore - we have been through alot together) so they are my very close friens.... Reminising old times... only 1-of them is still with the company, the rest all left either to some other company or be their own boss-y.

Ok, now came the highlight for the night. We left the restaurant at about 10.45pm... and I head to my car with two friends... Driving them home. So, went into the car and put Oscar behind his car seat as usual... And then head home via Federal Highway... And damn jam cos they must pick this time to mend the road.... which to me is good enough cos when they mend the road, meaning they will start digging again and mend again and so on it goes... Sigh. Me and friends continue yaking and all of a sudden, Oscar cried very loud....... For no particular reason... Cry Cry and wanted to come out from his seat. Scared that he might vomit in my car... I asked my friend behind to unfastened his seat belt.. He refuse to let anyone touch it!!!! Cia latt lor, me in front driving with a crying kid and a very jam road.... Perfect.... So with my terra skill, I turned behind (jam ma) and unfastened his belt and asked him to stop crying and sit still .... He came to the front and and when I say he came to the front, he came to the driver's seat!!! Sat on top of my lap... Die la, driving la... how. And he wants to be hugged. Double die la.... No choice but to stop the car in the middle and swithc place with my friend. Aske her to drive instead and I sat in froont with Oscar..... Die or not. He stop crying immediately. My friends all laughed and ok, we continue our yaking till we reached our friends place.... Then Oscar sat quitely next to me when I drove home.... No car seat but, the heck, he stopped crying liow.

Reached home at about 11.30pm and cleaned Oscar up and he went straight to sleep... zzzzzzzzz I think he is very tired and you know kids la, want means want....

So, this is how it went.....my perfect evening out with my date, Oscar.. Luv You..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have such a date every saturday morning... very fun indeed!

Anonymous said...

kids are so unpredictable. one minute they are okay and the next minute they can cry for no apparent reason...but glad that you have a bunch of friends around to lend a helping hand.

Anonymous said...

It's always nice meeting old friends huh? Kids always lau kai when they're tired, but I can tahan his cries when I'm driving, just try to reach home faster and safe and sound loh...

Anonymous said...

hehe...the crab sounds delicious :)...

kids are so unpredictable..if it was me sure leave her cry till i go home LOL