Thursday, May 11, 2006

Snack or not to snack....

A quick follow up on my previous post..... yes, Oscar is still very clingy. No la, not pregnant wor... maybe I really need to stop 'boiling' my korean dvds and spend more time with him. But, I have not been watching anything except for Barney cds and Playhouse Disney Channel with Oscar, so what is this little boy up to....... sigh........

Oscar was very hungry the other day and we are not leaving for dinner for another 1 hour of so. So I gave him this:-

(cheese crackers, raisins and two multivitamins)

I dont know if this is some kind of healthy snack but as long as I can keep Oscar out of his hunger pangs, I think it works for me la. Sometimes, I really dont know what to feed his little boy of mine. He seem to be a very picky eater and I suspect he has got one hidden FILTER installed in his mouth!! You know why? Mom usually blend the meat or fish in the blender before mixing it with Oscar's rice. Oscar will first take the first feed then he will spit out all of them and said "No no, don wan to eat ish ish....." See, after blending it also he dont want to eat. Its like all blended and not noticeable and you can't even taste it ma.... like that also Oscar refuse to eat. So what do I do with this son of mine? Nope, he dont take vege as well. So basically he will eat white rice with some egg and soup.... that is all. Cham la me, so under nourish la my son..........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But..your son looks chubby.

Maybe he doesn't like the soft texture, how about you don't blend it and just serve originally.

Oscar's Mommy said...

husi sia: no la, i tried that before. he just dont like meat... eeee scared he is one 'wor siong chai' (monk boy)!!! he looks chubby cos he weights 3.95kg at birth!!!

Anonymous said...

i agree with hui sia. oscar looks very healthy!

Anonymous said...

u sure boh he's under nutrition...he looks pretty chubby leh, good weight for his age.

hmm..i also give the same snacks to faythe sometimes in the car to keep her busy and not haunting me. I think it's the less mess that we can afford, fruits will be all over, can't imagine that!!!

isit you or hubby also picky eater, that's why he picky leh? If not, maybe try making the food more colourful and appetizing

Anonymous said...

Oscar looks so much bigger than bb ler. Really headache hor dun wan to eat fish? What about fried fish cake also?? or Fish crackers?

Bb is very picky too but luckily he eats fish. He doesn't like multivitamin, no raisin, no orange, no grapes. I also sama sama headache.

Anonymous said...

He doesn't like fish ball? Or meat balls?

I think fish when blended can be very yucky.. I steam pomphret and ma-yao for Zara.. she likes them..

But if I blend meat and use it to cook her porridge.. she spits them out. :(

They have very keen taste bud huh?