Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Calvary Land-Home for the Aged and Autistic

I wanted to put up this post last night but my little champion is sick again... Laundryamah said still got infection la.... poor boy, the whole nite toss and turn and me too, can't sleep well.

Yesterday at work, I received a call from a middle aged lady (yes, I have the power to 'agak agak' how ppl looked and what is the age over the phone... terra leh... solly solly... 'merepek' ledi)... She is a voluntary worker who helped to set up a home for the aged (Old Folks Home) and also a home for special child. She called to enquire about some commercial/heavy duty washer extractors for the home. She told me this is a charity home therefore, they are really on a tight budget.

Then, being me, I just asked la normally how do they (her) take ppl into their home. Is there any criteria some sort la.... Then she told me cos theirs are charity home (not like the Little Sisters of the Poor-whom they have sponsors from all over the world), they really select the needy ones. Like those old uncles and aunties whom they are not married and no other relatives that can care for them or those whom their children are not around (migrated) and they are left her to stay alone and are incapable to take care of them self already.... However, she is very sad when she relate incidents of children who are able to take care and can afford to take care of their own parents but CAN'T WAIT TO SEND THEIR PARENTS TO THE HOME!!!! She cried when she relate this to me..... I had tears too but I maintain my composure cos I am sad too.... I have parents who I Love Dearly so how could some ppl be so cruel and bad to send their parents to a home..... They can afford, get a maid la, 'shiaks'!!!! So, while sobbing, she told me more.....

Then, to conclude, I told her I will try my best to see that we can come up with a good quote for them. From the conversation too, I found out that they are in need of some of the below for their new home in Sungai Pelek.

* Hospital beds, pots and pans for their kitchen, some multivitamins and medications, some clothings, blankets and curtains, some books and education materials for their autistic childrens.........

To whoever charitable ppl/reader who would like to contribute to them, please write to me direct (anchan15@gmail.com) and I will help to forward their details to you..... Help them to help the needy ones..... This is no chain mail la, but if you can help to pass a word around it will be good.

Thank you so much.........

4 comments:

ZMM said...

Is this home run by Calvary church? One of the most kaya raya church in town.

Hope they have enough funds to help with the maintenance.. and thanks for sharing this..

They do home for old folks as well as kids?

Oscar's Mommy said...

zara's mama: i didnt ask if this was run by the church. yes, its for old folks and special child only... autistic child. they have special programmes for them. i feel for them that is why i share. pls spread the word around.

Flowsnow said...

Could be by the church. It doesn't matter. .......it's always good to do a good deed. I used to visit Comapassion Home .....until I got married. I still will try at least once a year to give some food stuff.

laundryamah said...

Ayo,,dunno la, if I have an aged parent and I'm unable to give her proper care, I will have no choice but to engage professionals in a home for the aged la...hmmm tough topic..