Sunday, September 17, 2006

Anger Management?

I have not been or rather not even A good mommy to Oscar..... so sad....

Reason for so is, I loose my temper easily nowadays when Oscar do something wrong. I use to be very patient with him and would just say "Its Ok, no worries". But now, even if he play with the remote control, I would say no and insist that he puts it back ....



I really don't know what is wrong with me. I love Oscar very much and it really hurts me everytime I scold or yell at him. And, what is more heart breaking is, whenever I scold him, he would come and hug me tightly and the tighter he hold on to me, the more I feel my heart is breaking... into tiny pieces.... I must really look into my scolding sometimes....

Tonight after dinner we went out for a walk cos I am going crazy at home with all the house chores and also the FOLDING .....so, I told hubby I needed a break. After our little shopping trip, Oscar did it again! Or, should I said, I DID IT AGAIN! I was very mad when we reached home and Oscar reach for the bread in the bag.... he already had one in the car and I knew it for sure if he were to take it out, he will not be able to finish it. And yet, he took it out and he challenged me despite of me telling him not to... he took it out and wave it at me! I took out the cane and threat to him with it..... I felt so so bad cos when Oscar saw the cane, he straight away put back the bread and ran over to his life saviour, daddy...... Oscar refuse to let me change him for bed because of this..........



I felt so so bad. I love to spend time with Oscar and I really cherised our time together. Reading out loud together, laughing at the cartoon charaters on tv, playing blocks and puzzles and even eating the same piece of toast.... we really enjoy our time together. But whenever he ticks me off, I am really mad..... Why? Why am I like that?



Oscar, mommy love you............ sorry baby....





Oscar enjoying himself at the park.... He likes going to the park....

12 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

Cos u're tired and really needed a break....go have yrself a manicure,pedicure,massage or whatever.. you'll feel pampered and better soon!

IMMomsDaughter said...

Sasha's right, you need a break. It's not easy to work at office and "work" at home. Sometimes, I'm liddat too, in fact I believe many of us are liddat. Don't feel bad for disciplining Oscar. *Hugs* to you.

mommy of 3 angels said...

aiyoo...you are not alone la...me also same towards erika...she is really "cham" la...coz it can really go crazy during weekends when i have to keep the house clean and also take care of them.

jazzmint said...

hey no worries, i think just a passing phase..take some time off and close one eye more :)

Oscar's Mommy said...

sasha: ya, i think i need a break.. can't take this anymore.
immomsdaughter: thanks. i am thinking like a machine now more than a human being
mom of 2 angels: hug hug erika...
jazz: i hope so cos i really pity oscar... he needed a companion badly and all he gets is scolding from me...

LHS said...

Don't feel guilty as i think most of the mommies out here were gone through this phase before.

It's right to flash cane, and your discipling method is right also, so don't feel bad.

Give yourself a good break and tomorrow is another new day! :)

ZMM said...

I think at this age, sometimes they do try to test our patience.. it's especially challenging for us mums because we're the main care giver.

I sometimes flare up too, and feel very guilty after that.. aigh.. just try very hard to control my temper loh.. Am sure you'll try too..

For you no maid some more.. sometimes can be very tough.. Take care and don't be too hard on yourself.

laundryamah said...

sigh..must b the pressure from work u think so? cos lately me also shouting like really thudering shouting at kieran leh...sob sob..

Oscar's Mommy said...

hui sia: i just want to make him scared... i have no intention whatsoever.. i didn't want to hit him with the cane, never..
zara mama: oscar is really testing my patience... ya, partly also is because hubby is turning the house into a warehouse and you know, oscar tends to be 'courious'....
laundryamah: no la, not office work, can still manage... just that something at home which i can't handle...

mom2ashley said...

maybe you need a break...

shoppingmum said...

Actually, the more we show the cane, the more the toddler will challenge us. When my boy is driving me nuts, I'll make sure I drink some water, wash my face etc to cool down first. Even if I scream, the "ommph" of anger is not there anymore.
You're not alone, most mommies are like you too, me included as well.

Allyfeel said...

It's hard to be patience if you are stress. I too got furious sometimes but also try hard to control and talk him out instead of beating and shouting.

Take care yea...