Friday, October 27, 2006

Second child

I went over to mom's place for dinner tonight after work. Had dinner and as usual, chatted with mom. Its nice to yak and yak with her cos we both also gila gila wan... hehe.

Then mom have to bring up the topic again. Which is, when am I getting a second kid. I sheepishly answered, "NoW"! Pregnant ledi! But she knows I am joking, then as usual, gave me a piece of her good mind... telling me I'll be lonely when I grow old la with a single kid, my single kid will be lonely la, this and that la... bla bla bla bli bli bli....

Sometimes, I really wonder, do I really want a second child? Is Oscar lonely?

I loved Oscar dearly and I cannot imagine if I ever have another child, will I love him as much as before. Will I be a good mommy to two kids whereby I am not a good mommy to my one and only child now? I really doubt myself. I don't want to have second child also is because, I really miss days where I can laze in front of the TV doing nothing or sitting on the couch reading my fav book or mags. I really miss the days I hang out with my friends having high-tea and yaking till our saliva runs dry! Ha ha.... am I selfish or what? I really don't know. But, I do long for another kid around to play with Oscar cos Oscar talks to himself sometimes and I know Oscar is lonely...

So, second child or no.... *sigh*....

4 comments:

jazzmint said...

well i guess all moms miss their *those were the days*...I miss that too...but think of it, once both grown up, like 3-4 yrs to come, those days will be back ;)...so fast fast get 1 like me then tapau liao lor

LHS said...

It's normal to miss the preciously single moment, i used to miss it too, but 1 really not enough especially you see him started to talk himself, so, fast fast get ready to have second, sure you will love him/her as much as Oscar.

Annie Q said...

ya ya..fast fast get Oscar a "didi" or "mei mei" lei!We trust that u can handle two kids!No problem!Eh!Me too lei,miss those day i can sleep till noon time w/o anyone disturb me,can go holiday!I miss travelling so much now!!!!

IMMomsDaughter said...

Errr...I dunno what to say wor...A pair is always good I guess so that got companion for Oscar mar..but only when you are ready :)