Friday, February 02, 2007

He broke my heart *sob*

Its one of those day which I couldn't understand what my little boy wants. It all begin in the morning when Oscar was weeping when we reached the school. He keep on telling me that he wants daddy to go pick him up later. My answer was yes as our usual arrangement was, if I were to send Oscar in the morning, hubby got to make sure that he fetches Oscar in the afternoon. But today I have decided that I go and pick Oscar up instead after school.

As soon as my little boy sees me coming into the school compound, he straight away flashes his million dollar smile at me and when we got into the car, he was smiling and asking me to take him to the McDonalds. I said no cos we had fast food last week and I usually let Oscar eat fast food only once every two week and if I can avoid, I'll avoid altogether. So, here I went to convince him:-

Oscar: Mommy, take Oscar to eat McDonalds. I want I want...
Me: Oscar, Ah Po (my mom) cooked rice already. So, we have to go home to eat.
Oscar: No No... we eat rice tonight... now eat nuggets, corn.... drink some cold water...
Me: Er Oscar, now hor, the sun very hot la... the McDonalds uncle not open la... so we go tonight with Daddy ok?
Oscar: No!!! Dark dark (night time) only McDonalds uncle not open ma... dark dark uncle sleep ma... now go now got open...
Me: *thinking hard and driving straight to mom's place*

Upon reaching mom's place, Oscar was very un-happy and he said this:

Oscar: Oscar tonight dont want go home. Sleep with PoPo only.
Me: Why? You dont want to go home to sleep with mommy and daddy meh?
Oscar: Oscar dont love mommy anymore.... Oscar dont want mommy anymore....

Upon hearing this, my heart ache the most.... How could a 3.5 yr old boy differentiate between love and hate; like and dislike especially when it comes to unconditional love like mother and son kind of love....Oscar repeatedly told me that he dont want to come home with me but was made to cos my mom got to go out for some errands....

Oscar, mommy love you so so much... be good ok?

7 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

I'm sure Oscar doesn't mean it. Probably he thinks that by refusing to go home, you would take him to McD :D

jazzmint said...

aiyoo...I'm sure he doesn't mean it and he don't understand the meaning...no worries oK

etceteramommy said...

Like u said 3.5yr old donno how to differentiate between love and hate. He is still too young to understand the impact when words as such are uttered. I'm sure Oscar doesn't mean it. Say 'sing' (fun)oni la.. :)

mom2ashley said...

whoa...so young already can say that ar? perhaps he's trying to get a reaction out of you....

Desperate Mummy said...

Dun be said as Oscar is still small maybe he don't know the meaning of like or dun like. My boys used to tell me the same too but when I ask him back did he know wat's the meaning of that he said he dun know :P

Sasha Tan said...

angie..dun worry. I'm sure every mommy also share the same problem with ya. Maybe he is just too angry la.. Dun worry la..Oscar is like a photostat of you..ppl say son look like mommy very Bahagia wan.. :)

Annie Q said...

Adoi!I'm sure Oscar doesnt mean it la. Maybe he just want to "threaten" u..hehehe..so u will bring him to Mcd..Dont worry lei!