Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Longest Night Ever...

I wished that weekday nights were as long as last night so that I can get more sleeps!! But, last night was really a challenge for me and hubby as we both could not get a wink. Oscar was terribly sick even we gave him his medication. His fever subsided but the flu and cough is just unbearable. *Touch Wood* Oscar seldom fall 'this' sick for his entire 3.5 years old life. His common fever come and go within a day and its usually very mild. Oscar will be his usual self running and messing things around. Yesterday evening was really crazy as he refuse to eat or drink. I went berserk last night as hubby got entertaining to do also.

Oscar slept early on the couch last night and when I want to carry him into the room, he refused. So, he slept of the couch almost till midnight.

Me and hubby could not sleep as we took turn to take temperature and feed him water. At about 2am, Oscar woke me up telling me that he is hot. I dozed off a little and I got a shocked to know that my poor boy is really hot on the forehead. Took temperature and it was like 37Deg Cel! Sponged him and he was alright. Couldn't sleep any longer this time. My eyes was like wide opened. At about 3.30am Oscar woke up again and hubby took his temperature and this time was 40Deg Cel!!!! We sponged him and feed him paracetamol and the fever just didnt go off. That's it! Hubby was like as panic as the night I gave birth! Packed our stuff and head to the clinic nearby.

Upon reaching the clinic, the nurse took her own sweet time to register Oscar and hubby was like really mad... told the nurse "Excuse me, hurry up! Emergency here! High fever la... Faster la!" Then when we went to see the doctor, Oscar's temperature went down a bit; 38Deg Cel.. doctor gave suppository immediately.

Upon reaching home, Oscar's temperature was ok but he was having lots of phlegm... little boy could not sleep either. All the ding dong, it was already 6am... we all could not sleep but lie quietly on our bed. Hubby finally got up from bed at 8am and me too.... Can't sleep but Oscar was in lala-land already. Temperature normal.

But, the story doesn't end here. This morning while I was chatting with Sasha and Julian, Oscar cried out loudly and when I went into the room, his temperature was 40Deg Cel again!!! Damn panic as hubby went to work already. Packed my bag again and this time really ready to go hospital... but before leaving, I put suppository again... and I left Oscar alone so that I can go close the windows and turn off the stove... Wow, very quickly I went to pick Oscar up and I felt that his temperature dropped. Took the thermometer to double check and his temperature dropped to 37Deg Cel again he Oscar fell asleep again.(wa must stock suppository liow after this...) So, I didnt bring him to the hospital.

*Phew* This is my biggest challenge as I have not seen Oscar this sick before and knowing the fact that it's me that caused Oscar to be sick, I feel like kicking myself in the arse! I should have left him at my mom's place few days ago when I was sick... sorry boy. I was not fully recovered too so all the up and down and sleepless night, I am having a fever again and coughing again. Shish! So is this the way that I am welcoming Chinese New Year this year?

9 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Oh dear.. how is Oscar now? You too must take care. Is suppository a prescribed medication?

Desperate Mummy said...

Yes u should stock up the suppository at home to jaga rumah. U can put the suppository even u have give Oscar paracetamol don't worry is ok. Hope Oscar get well soon. Maybe he's having viral infection and summore nowadays weather very hot. You take care too drink more water and take medicine on time ok cos Oscar need you.

jazzmint said...

aiyoo poor thing...yes, supps are a must at home. there was one time when faythe high fever, house no sup, i drove out to 24hours clinic and bought sups back, cause when they sleep, easiest is put sup and sponge them

Oscar's Mommy said...

etcetera~mommy: oscar is still not very well. er, supp is not a prescribed as you can get it off the shelves in pharmacy. but we got ours from the doc...

desp mommy: ya lor, bought abt 5pcs to jaga rumah and as i am going on a trip, sigh, dont know my little boy can tahan or not..thanks, will take care myself.

jazzmint: oscar very teruk one... if he is being moved when he is sleeping, he will make a fuss... but he just said he dont want 'poke back-side' only everytime we put the sup....

Wennn said...

Aiyo poor thing.. hope he is much much better now... U too la take care ya... CNY kambin lor... Very easy to fall sick too.. Drink plenty of water and boil la some soup to drink....

Jessie Woo said...

oh my poor oscar ... hope he is much better now. And for u my dear, do take care and rest while whenever u can ..

mommy of 3 angels said...

really worrying la...drink lots of water and rest as much possible..

get well soon and take care...super hot during CNY..

Sasha Tan said...

wei wei..give barley more often la..since cny is round the corner...very heaty

Allyfeel said...

Last time bb was having high fever like 40 degree, luckiyly I woke up to check cause he didin't cry if not, really chialat. He was admitted to hospital for 3 days. It was hell!

Hope all the bad sickeness go away n both of u get well soon. I know how u feel.