Monday, February 12, 2007

Up-date on Oscar

My dear son has been sick for the past few days. It has already 'pecahkan' the record of 3-days last year!

He lost altogether 4 pounds in 4-days!!! His face is now so small and he feels lighter by the weight now as I carried him to the bedroom a moment ago. He has lost his entire appetite. Even junk food like yogurt or biscuit does not enticed him.

All he does now is just lie down on the couch and fall asleep and woke up and asleep and woke up through out the day. His daily meal consumption is just milk (5oz each time compare to normal 8oz) and plain water. He dont want to eat rice or soup or noodles.

He slept so much, that his back has turned red and there are alot of lines at the back. And because he sleeps on his right side most of the time, his right face has got lines and his right ears turned red and there are skin peeling already.

I used to make noise when Oscar is messing around with my things at home or when he plays his toys (its every where in the house like a war zone!)... these few days, I sort of missed the house being 'messy'. I missed those days when my little boy would use all his mighty strenght to push our lazy chair to the centre of the living room so that he can sit there and enjoy his cartoon while 'ordering' me around, I missed those days when he would call me loudly in our dressing room to ask me to look for him (he likes playing hide and seek but dont know the actual 'rule' or the game) and whenever I opened the fridge, I anticipated that I hear his little feet 'patting' on the floor coming from my back and asked 'Mommy, I want Yakult..' or 'Mommy, one yogurt peas (please)'... but no, he didnt come near to the fridge.. only asked me from the living room what did I took out from the fridge..

Oscar, please be good and take your medicine and please get well soon... If you continue to be ill, then you will not have a chance to parade your new cheongsam (for boy wan la) on the first day of Chinese New Year... Grandpa and Ah Po both are worried sick because of you... Ah Po even offered to let you stay over night till you are better... Daddy did not get a good night sleep for the past few days and daddy is now looking very much like a China Panda Bear (with his big belly protruding out!)... We all love you Oscar...

12 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Oh dear... I hope Oscar is better now. I understand how you feel now. It's exactly how I felt when Ryan had a stomach flu when he was 5 months. My heart literally sank when I saw my usual hyper baby suddenly became jelly like laying omn bed. Dont worry.. he'll be okay soon. You must be strong for Oscar.

L B said...

Get Well Soon, Oscar!!! Italian best wishes for you all the way across continents..

Annie Q said...

Get well soon Oscar!!!So mummy & daddy wont be so worry & heart pain!Take care Angie!!

mom2ashley said...

ai yo..poor boy! i hope he feels better!!!

Unknown said...

hope that Oscar can get well soon!!! so that he can eat and play well during this CNY....

Jessie Woo said...

Get well Soon Little Oscar and for the mummy u also must take care yeah ,...

Allyfeel said...

Poor Oscar, get well soon yea. Aunty kizzz.... .

Dun worry too much, I know it's heartache to see them loose weight but that's the nature's way of healing them. You take care too.

jazzmint said...

wah liao...poor oscar, lost so much weight!!!

no worries, he'll be OK I'm sure. give him some orange juice??

Angeleyes said...

aaww.... so sad to see Oscar is still so sick... poor boy have to lose so much weight in such a short time. Hope he will get well soon... Lots of hugs from Darrius di-di...

CL said...

Poor Oscar. Get well soon, Oscar!

Oscar's Mommy said...

dear all: thank you for all the well wishes. oscar is feeling better but still not well. he is like a complete diff person now... very moody and sometimes he just doozed off in the middle of the living room while playing. i guessed its the medicine that he is taking now that made him feel drowsy... thank you all...

Desperate Mummy said...

Don't worry Oscar will get well soon.